The EcoSmart Foundation is a not-for-profit Canadian corporation based in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Our mission is to advance innovative technologies and practices that are ecologically and economically smart. Our work focuses in creating collaborative industry-government partnerships to further sustainability, primarily within the renewable energy, green building and sustainable construction industries. Throughout Canada and internationally, EcoSmart works to shift market forces, policy and public awareness toward the development of sustainable economies, ecology and societies.
EcoSmart has successfully managed or currently manages various projects, such as:
- SunMine. The development of the first large solar plant on a brownfield site in the interior of BC , in consultation with the city of Kimberley – a former mining town in the Kootenays and Teck Resources the former mine operator and owner of the site.
- EcoSmart Concrete – reducing GHG emissions in construction through the replacement of Portland cement by Supplementary Cementing Materials (SCMs) in concrete.
- SOS software tool to optimize the use of EcoSmart Concrete.
- Transferring High Volume Supplementary Cementing Material (HVSCM) Technology to China, a project under the Asia-Pacific Partnership (AP7).
- Sustainable Condo life-sized display unit – Project now completed
- Sustainable Condo for Chongqing, a educational exhibit that uses contextualized living spaces and interactive zones to demonstrate green building products and strategies. Download the booklet in Chinese (60 Mb) – Project now completed